I LOOOOVE stuff like this! How much fun! And what a great way to learn new things about people. I'm relatively new to the whole blogging world, so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to find 11 people to tag, but I'm sure going to try!
Anyway, the way it works is I post 11 random things about myself. Then I have to answer 11 questions written by Amanda at Pickles & Honey. Finally I write 11 questions myself that must be answered by the 11 people I tag. Fun, right!? Here goes!
11 Random Things About Me:
1. People say I make the best cupcakes. I've been told by numerous people in my life that I should open a bakery...or audition for Cupcake Wars. I love to bake, but I'm not sure I love it enough to do it all day every day. I do, however, agree that my cupcakes are pretty awesome.
[caption id="attachment_556" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes"][/caption]
2. My favorite color is purple. It has been since I was probably 12 years old. On a trip to Burbank for a convention with our mom's, my friend Jennifer and I decided that purple was our favorite color. Prior to that day, it was pink.
3. I am horrible at making time to go to the gym. I spend about an hour and a half driving every day, plus 8 hours at work, plus making dinner when I get home and writing and sometimes the gym just doesn't get a spot high on my priorities list.
4. I love photography. I'm hoping to make a career out of it, actually. All I'm missing are my business licenses...and perhaps a wide-angle lens...and I can start to charge people to take their pictures.
[caption id="attachment_557" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="I love photographing life's little moments"][/caption]
5. While I love photography, writing is my first passion. My whole first novel is written...I'm calling it practice...but the second one, which I think is a lot better is well on it's way.
6. My husband and I met on Craigslist. They say you can find anything, and they mean it. He had posted a personal ad, and my brother, who was looking for girls online, encouraged me to "just respond to someone. What would it hurt?" So I did, and here we are.
7. I love strawberries. My birthday is in August, so my mom was chowing on strawberries with whipped cream all summer prior to my arrival. Every June, when they come into season, I eat so many of them that by the time August rolls around, I can't stuff another one into my mouth.
8. I want to live in a house with secret passageways. Wouldn't that be so much fun? When I was a kid I dreamed of such a house. I would, in these dreams, hide in the rooms the passageways led to and read or write stories and then I'd hide them in fake books on the bookshelf that slid open to get to the passageway. I had a pretty wild imagination as a kid!
9. I like coffee better than tea. But I also really like tea....and hot chocolate. Maybe I just really enjoy hot drinks?
10. I'm not ready to have kids. I know, I know. I'm 28. My clock is ticking, blah, blah, blah. But I firmly believe that now is NOT the time. Why isn't that okay with some people?! (Ok, sorry. Rant over).
11. I'm making chicken pot pie for dinner tonight. My husband LOOOOOVES it. It's a compromise meal, of course, because I have to pick out the chicken, but it's well worth it. (Try it yourself, if you like).
11 Random Questions From Amanda:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I have always wanted to live somewhere on the east coast of the US. Even as a kid, before I'd even visited that side of the country, I felt like that's where I belonged. I love this history, the changing seasons, the landscapes and old architecture. I also think it would be fun to live, temporarily, in Europe. Maybe London or somewhere in Italy. This is a hard question for me because I love to travel and I've loved so many places I've visited. I could picture living in most of them.
2. When it comes to cake, are you a vanilla or a chocolate person? How about frosting?
Cake? Vanilla. It's weird because anything else, I'd say chocolate. Frosting I like in chocolate, but chocolate cake is weird to me. I've never liked it.
3. When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was 10, I wanted to be a professional figure skater. Never mind the fact that we lived nowhere near ice...not a skating rink, not a frozen pond, nothing. But I watched the figure skating competitions during the 1992 Olympics and I was hooked!
4. What’s your favorite meal of the day?
I like dinner. It's the only meal of the day where you really sit down with family to eat. I like the together time.
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I'm definitely NOT a morning person. But I'm also not a person who can sleep in till noon. I'd say I definitely function best at night. I guess I need the day to kickstart my brain!
6. What was the first blog you started reading?
The first blog I started reading was called "I am the beholder." The girl behind it is actually the daughter of one of my favorite authors and she's hilarious.
7. If you could choose a super power, what would it be and why?
I would want to see the future. I'm always so worried about it, it would be nice to get some insight. Flying would also be fun, but I'm kind of afraid of heights.
8. Sweet or savory?
I'm weird there. I need balance. Last night I had a piece of cake for dessert (it was caramel cake with caramel frosting, by the way) a few hours after we'd eaten dinner. After I finished the cake, I needed a piece of toast to even out the sweet.
9. Thus far, what has been the highlight of 2012 for you?
I would say the highlight (of the past month) has been spending more time at the vineyard. Jim and I are both very fond of BJ and Ashley and we love to hang out up there, with 360 degree views of the valley and the mountains and the best wine ever! When you add two great friends on top of that, it's nothing short of amazing.
[caption id="attachment_558" align="aligncenter" width="491" caption="The gazebo at sunset"][/caption]
10. Do you have any siblings, or are you an only child?
I always wanted a sister. After me, my parents had two boys, and I always dreamed of having a sister because those boys were just so darn dirty and so darn mean! (I love my brothers...we get along REALLY well now). Fortunately for me, I have plenty of girls in my family now...I gained two sisters-in-law when I got married, and one when my brother did. I also gained a little sister when I booked my wedding at Rome Valley Vineyards. Ashley is like the little sister I never had and she doesn't try to steal my clothes all the time, so I can love her without hating her too!
11. What are you most looking forward to this week?
This week we've spent most of our time at the vineyard. It's been a ton of fun, so I'm actually looking forward to just leaving work and going back up there this afternoon. On Saturday, we are going down to Jim's nephew's 2nd birthday party, so we'll be seeing a lot of family. I'm looking forward to that, too.
11 Random Questions for the People I Tag:
1. If you could have any career in the world, what would you choose?
2. What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling down?
3. What is your favorite place you've traveled?
4. Do you prefer to cook at home or eat out?
5. If you could give any advice to your teenage self, what would you say?
6. What is your favorite book?
7. What is your favorite breakfast food?
8. What made you decide to start blogging?
9. Do you like to have a plan or do you like to take life as it comes?
10. What do you currently do for a living?
11. What is one thing people are usually surprised to learn about you?
2. Healthy Diva Eats
3. Sarah on the Go
5. Sarah Mryberg
6. My Life Through Words
7. Books and Bowel Movements
8. i heart wellness
Okay, I'm new. All I have are 8, so I kind of messed up the whole "11" deal, but what can I say? Catch me in a year and we can try again!
Rules For Bloggers: (you must repost these)
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!