1. My to-do list at work is empty! Well, not entirely empty, but the four major projects I HAD to get done ASAP are done. Check!
2. I got to wake up to this view this morning!Sure, we were snowed in all weekend. But we were at the vineyard, so we were in good company and we should be able to get the car out and go home tonight.
3. I get to sleep in my own bed tonight! I totally take that for granted when I don't have it. And it's not that I don't LOVE mini-vacations, but there's nothing quite like the feeling of falling asleep in your own bed.
4. I tried a few recipes from my new cookbook! I know, I'm lame for forgetting to take a photo, but I made the coconut orange bread pudding from my Blissful Bites cookbook. I also made the sweet polenta porridge and Jim made the hearty lentil soup. All of them were fabulous, but my favorite had to be the bread pudding. It was such a unique take on a classic dessert. I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone contemplating going vegan.
[caption id="attachment_666" align="aligncenter" width="335" caption="the book"][/caption]
5. I got the cutest new shoes! I haven't bought anything for myself in a long time. And in the shoe department, I am seriously lacking. I have no shoes to trompse around in the rain in, nor did I have any cute shoes for spring. So, like any girl would probably do, I went for cute over function. Winter is almost over, afterall! I'm not so sure I love the bottoms of them...they're kind of weird, but I'll wear them around the house a bit and see what I think. Aren't they adorable?!
[caption id="attachment_667" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="source"][/caption]
6. My husband is at work with me today! Part of being snowbound all weekend was that he was stuck with me, which means he is still stuck with me. He's just sitting there watching YouTube videos while I work, but it's still kind of nice to have him here.
7. I get to see my sister-in-law tonight! She doesn't know it yet, I don't think, but her husband is cutting Jim's hair tonight (before his job interview tomorrow!), so we'll be over there for a little bit tonight. I'm excited. We have a good time together. :)
8. As a result of #1, my office is getting very clean. It's so much nicer to work in a clean office, and having nothing else to do, I have time to CLEAN!!
9. I think there's a delicious slice of pumpkin pie on its way for me! I made chicken pot pie for dinner last night, and Ashley made the crust. Well she used her grandmother's recipe, which is one of those that can't be cut down in size, so with an extra 6 crusts, she made a pumpkin pie for dessert. And I'm not sure anyone makes better pumpkin pie than Ash does!
10. I have a massage tomorrow!I haven't had once since, I believe, the last time I included it in my ten things post. I'm so excited! I need this like crazy!
I hope everyone is having a lovely Monday. What are you happy about today?