It's a lovely morning here in Northern California, and like most lovely mornings, I'm stuck in a small office with nothing but a sliver of natural light and the sound of air hoses and large machinery to illuminate my day. But that doesn't mean there isn't a lot to be happy about!
1. I get to leave work early today! And that's going to segue into....
2. I am going to see the endocrinologist today. Hopefully they can give me some insight on my fatigue issues. Hopefully today I will have some answers as to why I'm always so tired.
3. Jim got a job! He started yesterday, and I'm really excited for him. He seems like he's going to enjoy it. I'll miss having the house cleaned for me, but I guess it's a good trade off.
4. Jim and I had a fun-filled weekend with family and friends!
5. I'm going to have a photography business! I submitted about half of my paperwork last week, so now I just wait to get it back. And I have my first wedding booked in May, so everything is really coming together. I'm super excited!
6. I got to get back into my wedding dress! Jim and I posed for a promotional photo shoot for the vineyard. Some of them turned out really great!
7.I get to make my nephew's first birthday cake!His party is going to be fishy themed, so I'm going to make a goldfish bowl cake, I think. I'm not the greatest at decorating, but I can make it work. And I'm making cupcakes for everyone else. With fishies too.
8. My little brother is coming home for Easter!He is going to school in Reno, which is not terrible far from home, just far enough that I don't get to see him too often.
9. Looking at the photo of Jim and I from the other day, I'm realizing I may just get some good wedding photos after all. I'm plagued every time I think about it by the knowledge that I chose the wrong wedding photographer. Of everything about my wedding, I regret that choice most. In fact, it's about the only thing I regret. She had an amazing portfolio, but somehow we just didn't get the quality she's capable of.
10. That being said, I know I am a good photographer. I set up and posed the shot of Jim and I from above. I did everything but hit the shutter button. I CAN take good photos, and I will be a great photographer. I care enough about people not to leave before the bouquet is thrown and to recognize that direct sunlight is harsh and will cast obnoxious shadows (see my face in the photo with my brothers). I can only hope that in 20 years, I will still care as much and won't become jaded enough to let a bride pay for shoddy photos.
I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday and an amazing week. Oh, and if you need your wedding photographed, shoot me an email!