Lately I've seen a lot of bloggers participate in this fun looking challenge called the 10 Day You Challenge. I thought it might be an interesting way to share a little bit more about myself with you. You know, in case you're interested.
Day One: Ten Secrets1. I used to be a chocolate, but now I'm a vanilla. It might just be that I ate so much dang chocolate that I don't have any taste left for it, but nowadays I grab for vanilla nine times out of ten.
2. I don't know if I want kids. It's not that I don't like kids. I have a million nieces and nephews that I adore, but I'm just not quite sure that having one of my own is something I want to do. I'm fortunate that Jim feels the same way. We have talked about it at length and we haven't completely taken the idea off the table, but for right now, we don't feel like there's a hole in our lives where I child should be.
3. I'm a crier. Sad movies, sad books, overly happy moments in either. I fully succumb to the entertainment industry's emotional manipulation tactics. And I'm not ashamed...well, okay, maybe a little.
4. Sometimes I miss sleeping alone. Don't get my wrong, I love sleeping with my husband, but every time I get a knee in the side or turn over to find a hand on my pillow, I miss the days of solitary slumber.
5. I've never smoked. Anything. No cigarettes, no pot, no nothing. I never wanted anything to do with it. I hate the way the smell lingers in your hair and clothes and everywhere you roam you bring a trail of it with you! Ugh. Gag me. Plus, it's really bad for your health.
6. I'm terrified of not having enough money. Maybe it's a result of a being less than well-off as a child, but my fear of not having enough money is ever present. Sometimes I wonder what I'd do if I was free of this fear...
7. I don't want to care what people think, but sometimes I still do. I grew up with some quite critical, albeit mostly well-intentioned family members and as a result, I'm constantly wondering if I'm doing it right or if what I'm doing is enough. I worry about my appearance, the words I speak, the way I present myself to the world. Sometimes I don't speak because I don't want to be wrong.
8. I have a slight obsession with magazines. I subscribe to, like, ten of them. I don't even know if my husband realizes that! I have photography magazines, health magazines, travel magazines. It might be a problem...
|Sorry for the crappy cell phone photo, but check out that mountain! Crazy, right?!|
9. I don't really enjoy getting my nails done. I know that kind of makes me less of a woman or something. I like the end result, but I get so bored just sitting there while some woman plays with my toes!
10. I'm a photographer, but I often forget to photograph my own life. It's true. I wish I had more photos of myself and Jim. Often I'll remember to bring the camera and wind up taking photos of more stuff than people. I should work on that.
Well, those are my ten secrets. Care to share one of your own?